Ringwood Chess Club may change this policy dated 16 November 2019 from time to time by updating this page so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We do not collect data via the website other than that which is used for the purpose of providing anonymous statistics on this web-site’s usage.
We may collect and store the following information provided by individuals to the club’s chairman, secretary and captains and collected from the ECF web-site:
- Ringwood Chess club membership fees paid
- Contact information including but necessarily restrcited to address, email address and telephone numbers
- ECF membership number and level
- ECF grading number and grade
- Results of games played in matches
- Moves of games played and commentary there-on
- Photographs at club events.
In the case of juniors (under 18) contact information will be that of a parent, carer or guardian rather than the individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- General organisation of the club, including but not limited to the collection of membership fees and the notification of AGMs and EGMs
- Organisation of matches againsts other clubs
- Organisation of internal tournaments and social events
- Notification of match results to third parties and third party systems, including but not necesarilly limited to ECF LIMS, Bournemouth and District League, Southampton League, Dorset League
- Provision chess related information to members
- Provision of a member’s contact information to other chess organisers where we believe it may be in that member’s interest
- Publication of results, games via this web-site
- Publication of photographs via this web-site where consent is provided by individuals or in the case of a junior by his or her parent, carer or guardian.
We will not:
- Sell or rent any member’s data to any third party, chess related or otherwise
- Provide any member’s name or contact information to any non-chess-related third party unless required to do so by law
- Publish any member’s contact information on this site without their express permission.
Members can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them by contacting our club chairman, Martin Clancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email our club chairman, Martin Clancy at email@example.com . We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If a member provides information about another member, it is their responsibility to ensure that the other person has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Should you have any unresolved complaints about the way we process your personal data then you have the right to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Links To Other Websites
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic. We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for anonymous statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.